BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Destination Baja: Scorpion Bay, Mexico

"Baja Mexico is one of the nicest places in the world."  Well that's what my uncle told me last year after he experienced it while on his honeymoon vacation with my Aunt.  He was explaining to me in detail how Scorpion Bay located in the Baja peninsula of Mexico has so many natural beauties.  As well as little bungalows right on the beach, a great little restaurant to go to for the freshest fish taco's and even how they rented dune buggies and raced them on the beach.  It wasn't until the end of the story which really intrigued me to make in my first and foremost vacation on my bucket list.  Even though all of the following things to do and what to eat made me interested in Baja, Mexico, it was when he mentioned a small little detail at the end of his story that made our conversation last about an hour and a half longer.  It is when my uncle said, "Oh yea, there was also some of the best waves I have ever seen!"

Being a surfer who loves to travel I have always heard and seen surfing videos of surfers riding perfect waves in Mexico.  The word perfect was an extreme understatement as soon as I researched surfing in Scorpion Bay, Baja after my uncle told me about it.  I had hundreds of questions to ask after I saw pictures online and I honestly think I overwhelmed him a little bit.

Scorpion Bay's surf is produced from a constant ground swell that opens up and releases literally one of the best waves on earth.  The waves is formed when the ground swell hits the rocks which are located on the right hand side of the rocky bottom ocean floor.  On a really good day surfers can experience rides that are over a 1/4 mile long and sometimes longer. These perfect right handed waves makes it a surfers paradise and besides all of the things my uncle already enlightened me about Baja, there's more.  It is known for not having big crowds to compete with waves, you can take a car to drive you back up to the "jumping spot" so you don't have to paddle back out into the lineup and it is even really inexpensive to accommodate guests.

After googling some pictures or even going on to YouTube to see real footage of the waves, I'm sure you will be as hooked as I was.  Scorpion Bay has also been written about and feautured In Men's Health Magazine in the top 20 places to go in your lifetime as well as various traveling and surfing magazines.  So after you do a little bit of research get your surfing buds together and plan the trip.  In the words of my uncle, "It was an amazing place to go!"

Interested in going on a surf trip to Scorpion Bay?  Check out this link below!

http://www.scorpionbay.net/index.php

0 comments: